Get Covered Illinois: In Person Counseling
In response to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2009, the ILAACP partnered with Get Covered Illinois and United Way of Metropolitan Chicago during fiscal years 2014 and 2015 to assist low and moderate-income individuals and families with enrolling into a Qualified Health Insurance Plan. The ILAACP also worked with small business owners that are exempt from the ACA requirements to ensure their employees had the opportunity to learn about how they can secure quality health insurance. Assistance also included educating consumers about newly mandated preventive care services and helping those that were eligible to access the health insurance premium subsidy.
Chicago neighborhoods targeted under the ILAACP’s IPC outreach included Auburn Gresham, Chatham, Greater-Grand Crossing, Englewood, Woodlawn, Roseland, and South Shore.
FY2014 and FY2015 Program Outcomes:
- Enrolled 727 consumers into a Medicaid or private health care plan
- Collected 3,346 completed Request For Information (RFI) cards
- Conducted 6,000 face-to-face interactions with consumers
- Presented 57 ILAACP initiated ACA/GCI educational workshops
- Participated in another 309 education and/or enrollment events coordinated by GCI staff
To learn more about Get Covered Illinois, please contact Isaac McCoy, Special Initiatives Director, at 312.850.4444 ext. 227